St. Mary’s College is a Catholic Secondary School for girls under the Trusteeship of CEIST and welcomes students of all persuasions. We are committed to educating the whole person to her full potential in a caring, supportive and joyful environment in partnership with parents and community.
CEIST (Catholic Education an Irish Schools Trust) is a newly formed organisation consisting of a group of religious orders, including the Sisters of Mercy, which was set up to pass on their educational heritage to lay colleagues. To mark this significant occasion, Oana Gaftoi, (Leaving Cert class of 2009) was selected to undertake a large painting that would symbolise the spirit of CEIST. This painting is now on display on the main corridor and is greatly admired. Many thanks to Oana for all her beautiful work.
- To foster an awareness of the dignity and uniqueness of each person by promoting the self esteem of each student.
- To develop the full potential of each student aesthetically, academically, spiritually and physically.
- To develop good relations between staff and students and between students, in the daily life of the school.
- To provide stimulating challenges for all students through a wide range of activities.
- To use every opportunity to improve and maintain the physical and social environment in the school.
- To develop good links between the school, the home and the community, making full use of the specialist services in the community for advice and support.
- To facilitate and develop informed, loving, discerning students who have a sense of social responsibility and a sensitive active response to human need in keeping with the Catholic Ethos of the school.
Mercy Philosophy of Education
Inspired by the vision of Catherine McAuley, Mercy education is committed to holistic development and to the achievement of the full potential of each student, particularly those who are disadvantaged or marginalized. It is a process informed and influenced by the teaching and example of Jesus Christ and is conducted in an atmosphere of care, respect and joy. Mercy education is committed to ongoing whole-school development in collaboration and partnership with the Board of Management, Staff, Parents and the wider community.